Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Seattle, here we come!

Oh yeah, we got a job, oh yeah! After a whole summer of grueling (and there isn't a better word to describe it) job hunting, it has finally paid off and we are heading for Seattle! Torry got a Product Management position with Zillow (an online real estate company) and he starts at the beginning of October. The job is everything he was looking for(except that it's not near family) - so I am grateful we held out. I'm happy it's in the northwest, near mountains and that it snows there in the winter. I'm also stoked because we have friends there! Whoo-hoo! Anyway, we fly there next week to look for some new digs. Anyone have a favorite Seattle area suburb?

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Todd's sister lives in Clyde Hill, which I guess is ritzy-ish, but his other sister lives in Bellevue and it's just lovely!! Congratulations!! Seattle is GREAT!!

Lyndi said...

Yay! Congrats! Off to a new adventure...Let us know when you get a new address! :)

Amy Gelwix said...

Hooray! We are THRILLED for you and you sound excited yourself which is great. I'll bet Rachelle and Wendy have some good tips for you. Good luck and keep in touch!

Melanie said...

I am so happy for you guys!!! I bet you'll love Seattle. I hope you find a great place. I'm envious of you guys!

Danette said...

Oh I am so happy for you. I got that sick pit in my stomach after I found out you were looking, the same pit I felt for months in the winter/spring when we were looking. This is great news! I hear Seattle is wonderful.

Kristen said...

Dude, that is sweeeet! I'm so excited for you guys. Congratulations!

Todd and Lisa said...

We're so happy for you! Good luck with the next few months. Let us know if there's anything we can do to help. We're gonna miss seeing you when we come to Utah!

acandiedapple said...

Yay! That's great! You guys will love Seattle. It's a fun city! Good luck on your housing trip!

emilymhjohnson said...

Congratulations Johnsons! What a relief! Good luck on the housing hunt!

Ali Howell said...

Yay!!! Congrats! And my whole family lives up there... so i'm sure we will get to see each other! I grew up on Bainbridge island...beautiful, but you guys can't go wrong! I"m so, so, so happy for you! Good luck!!

Erin said...

Congratulations! That's such good news. Seattle is such a great place, too! You'll have so much fun there.