Tuesday, November 04, 2008

That's not very nice





So, Elaina loves the story of the Gingerbread man - what child wouldn't? It's about a cookie that comes to life - cool, huh? Anyway, I thought I would be a super neat mom and bake a gingerbread man/woman with her. We had tons of fun and she loved dumping pink and purple sugar all over it. After it came out of the oven, I asked if she wanted to eat it and she said "yes", but she didn't watch me cutting it up. So she ate a little of it and went down for a nap. Meanwhile I cut it up and put it on a plate because it was so big. When she woke up she wanted to see the gingerbread woman and I showed it to her all cut up on the plate. She was not very happy with me. "Mommy, you smashed it! That's not very nice." She proceeded to tell everyone we ran into the crime that I had committed. She made me feel like a villain - not really. It was really cute.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a funny story! Kids say teh funniest things. I love all of her facial expressions. What a cutie!

Lindsey said...

That looks like so much fun. I can't wait until I can do things like that with Montanna. Thanks for the email the other day. It is fun to talk to you again.

The Hawkins Family said...

Love the gingerbread woman. that's so cute. I bet she really loved baking that with you.

Todd and Lisa said...

Elaina is such a character! I loved being able to see her so much while we visited Utah this summer. I also love the picture of her in Torry's moon boots. Those sure bring back memories---I had pink ones (that matched my mom's). Fun stuff. I'll call you soon so we can catch up. I miss talking to you and hanging out! Love you.