Saturday, March 15, 2008

Our family grows by 33.33%

Camden was born yesterday at 12:51 pm. Once again, Heather couldn't be rushed, laboring for 38 hours. At least it was a 57.78% reduction from the 90 hours needed last time. Most impressive of all: she did it unmedicated. How she managed after over over 48 hours without sleep, I'll never know. This is something I could never do. Heather's take: "I'm never doing that again." (Also, you know how they always ask you to rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10? I get the feeling that Heather now has a very well-calibrated pain scale.)



I brought Elaina for a short visit last night. She loves babies. I don't think she has a clue that this one is coming home with us, and the vast impact this is going to have on her life.



Unlike Elaina, he was actually born with hair. Blond hair. We'll see if he can beat the genetic odds and keep it blond.





14 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Ruitman Family said...

He is beautiful! I love all that hair! Elaina is so sweet in those pictures---she's going to be such a great sister. Heather, good luck with your recovery. You definitely don't have easy labor. Congratulations!

Wendy said...

Congratulations!! He is beautiful!!

Melanie said...

CONGRATS!!!! Heather you are so awesome! I'm so glad you were able to labor without meds like you wanted. I can't wait to hear more details of how it went (well, you don't have to tell me too many details.) :) And I love the name Camden! Can't wait to meet him!

Chris said...

Actually, Torry, if you use log changes, the family only increased by 28.77%.... Yes, I'm a nerd. But I wanted to say congrats - you have a beautiful baby boy! I'm sure Elaina will handle it very well. You are all very lucky!

Danette said...

Congrats guys! The baby is beautiful and Heather, one word... WOW! Wish I could be there to see him... :(

Mark and Grace Guest said...

Hey Heather and Torry, congratulations! We love you. Happy Birthday to Camden! He looks like his mom, but who knows? We enjoyed the picts, thank you Torry!

Mark and Grace Guest said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Cristi Johnson said...

Congratulations cousins! He's quite the handsome fellow. and go Heather! You rock.

Laynalou3 said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!

Ali Howell said...

Congratulations!!! What a cute baby! And we love his name! Our Camden has me wrapped around his little finger...so if he is any thing like our little guy you will be sooooo in love. I hope Elayna keeps adoring him even when he comes home, i'm sure she will be a wonderful big sister! Congrats on the no meds...that is amazing for how long you were in labor! i hope all went well in chicago even though you were worried and i can't wait to hear how you and your little ones are doing!

Anonymous said...

Yea! Another sweet baby! He's beautiful! Now you have one of each, how perfect is that?!? I am so impressed, Heather. Because me? I'll admit it. Bring on the drugs!! (When the time comes in approximately 3 years). I can't wait to meet him and see you guys and see how much Elaina has grown! Definitely let me know when you'll all be in Utah again.

Amy Gelwix said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Can't wait to meet him in person and WAY TO GO HEATHER! And thanks for the very specific 57.78 Torry.

Lyndi said...

CONGRATS!! He's so beautiful - his face even looks a bit like Elaina's. I can't believe you did it natural! Wow - VERY impressive! Oh, and I love the name.