Sunday, March 02, 2008

Valentine's Day

Okay, so I've been a super-slacker and haven't blogged in a while, but I wanted the grandparents to see how much Elaina loved the Valentine's that they sent. She absolutely loved the candy and we let her just go for it. I didn't think that she would be able to pound almost all of the goodie bag from Grandma Johnson in one sitting and also eat quite a few M&M's (her favorite) from Grandma Guest. She was one happy child. Luckily, she ate it close to bed time and wasn't awake (or at least around us) for the inevitable sugar crash.

I took Elaina out on a day of errands and the last stop had to be the grocery store. She had just about had it, so I made a concession and got her this heart balloon out of the florist section. The child couldn't have loved anything more. She was totally entertained through-out the whole store, waving it around, cradling it like a baby and singing to it and bopping me on the head with it. We got into the car and she accidentally broke the stick that it was on, and I have seriously never seen her more devastated. Later on, she fell asleep on the couch hugging it. It has to have been the best 2 dollars I've spent in awhile.


3 comments:

Ruitman Family said...

She is so cute. I love that picture of her with the balloon. That's hilarious!

Natalynn and Paul said...

Oh my goodness Heather, Elaina is so cute! We miss you guys so much and we look forward to hearing all about your new baby boy. Let us know as soon as he arrives!!

Melanie said...

I love how happy Elaina looks!